Saturday, February 9, 2013

Cabin Fever & Chocolate Goodness

The guys I work with cleaned my car off yesterday, they're awesome!

I am officially snowed in. This would be okay except for the fact that Tom has been gone since 6am because he had to go plow, which means I am stuck in the condo all alone with just the animals for company. I really look forward to my weekends after working all week. We always go out to dinner Friday night, and Saturdays are usually spent running small errands because we literally do not leave the house weeknights. We did not go out last night for dinner because of the blizzard, and we are definitely not getting out today! What does a girl do when she is stuck home?


She brushes her very hairy dog
She stares out the window wishing the plows would show up already/her car would be magically dug out
She bakes chocolate goodness
She watches several episodes of The Vampire Diaries
At this rate the condo will be spotless by the time Tom gets home because I don't have room to bake anything else, and I only have a few episodes of Vampire Diaries left until I've watched all three seasons.

Homemade Amazing Brownies

I got off work early due to the blizzard and within an hour of being home I had to do SOMETHING. For some reason brownies sounded amazing, so I decided to try them out. I had NO idea how easy/amazing homemade brownies truly are! It makes me sad that when I was younger, my family always made cake/cupcakes/brownies using box mixes. Not only are they just not good for you, but they have all these ingredients you can pronounce in them so that they can sit on the shelves for years. I now bake everything homemade, and I'm so glad I gave brownies a try! They were incredibly simple and if you love to bake like I do, you most likely already have all the ingredients on hand which makes them basically FREE!

Ingredients:

1/2 Cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1 ts vanilla extract
2 Eggs
1/4 ts salt
1/4 ts baking powder
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup semi sweet or milk chocolate chips

Directions:

1 Preheat the oven to 350 and grease 9x9 inch baking pan
2 Mix the first 3 ingredients together (oil, sugar, and vanilla)
3 Beat the eggs into the oil mix until well blended
4 Blend the salt, baking powder, cocoa powder, and flour all together in a separate bowl
5 Blend together oil/egg mix with flour mix slowly, until clumps are gone
6 Stir chocolate chips in
7 pour batter into baking pan
8 Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when placed through center of brownies
9 Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Vampire Diaries is THE BEST! Are you all caught up? It is crazy these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually just started watching the show this season! It was really nice catching up on the first 3 seasons, knowing who wouldn't die when it seemed like they were going to haha

      Delete