Monday, October 10, 2011

Batteries and Special Occasions


Tonight I write this post from our basement, with Binx under my chair and Mika curled up next to me on a blanket. Why are we down in the basement and not the warm, comfy couch upstairs like every night? Sweet, precious Mika decided few days go that it would be a good idea to chew completely through my laptop's wall charger, and that old thing does not turn on without the cord. So now I am without a laptop and forced to sit in the basement to write my blog so that my two fans are not disappointed. Tom just bought a brand new desk top computer a couple weeks ago and it's pretty cool, one of those all-in-one flat monitors that is touch screen and completely wireless so I am getting to test it out now. I guess that's a plus to my laptop being dead right now ;)

Anyways, this weekend was very relaxing and "wonderful" as my grammi would say. Saturday we took a trip out to the Yankee Candle factory in Deerfield Mass and spent a couple hours walking around looking at everything. It is a Christmas-lovers dream store (which I am!). Santa is there 24/7, there is a Christmas Bavarian village, a room where it "snows" every four minutes, and so many Christmas decorations and ornaments that they personalize for FREE! We got three of the cutest ornaments; one for Mika (she already has two from last year but oh well), one or Binx, and one for our wedding. After Yankee Candle we realized we were hungry and Tom started talking about this incredible deli up in Vermont, half an hour away. We ended up driving up there to have this great food which I ended up hating, but the drive was amazing. New England is gorgeous in the fall due to the leaves changing colors, and we just happened to drive through three of the states, it was a very scenic drive :) Anyways, here are our ornaments:


Sunday I decided while grocery shopping that I wanted to paint pumpkins, so we bought two pumpkins and some paint. Tom is not very artistic so he just bought the necessary tools and let me go at it. A couple hours later and a ton of black paint later, my pumpkins were ready for their big debut outside our door. Remember how in my first post I talked about how much I love my animals? My brother saw my pumpkins and called me weird, but I think they are cute (and so does Tom) :)

Today it was back to work but also two special occasions in the Kuhns family.
  1. We've been married a month today! I can't believe it's already been a month, I feel like it was just yesterday I was standing in the bridal suite, nervous and excited, waiting to go meet my groom at the end of the aisle. Our photographer finally finished up with our pictures and sent me a link so I spent a lot of time looking through all of them today, they are SO good. If anyone in the CT/NY area is looking for a photographer for any occasion, check out Donna Cheung, you will not be disppointed!
  2. My sweet little muffin man Binx turned one today! I remember that cold day early January when I raced to beat a snow storm and drove out to the middle of nowhere to pick up my little guy from the shelter he was at. He was so little and so scared and there were several times those first few weeks I thought he'd never come out from under the guest bed, but here we are nine months later and he is the sweetest most snuggly boy :) Here is a photo from hours after I got him home from the shelter:

Well that's about it for now. It's getting late and my fingers are frozen so I will leave you with a song to listen to called "You Already Know" by Train. It's a very fun, angry song and I always get pumped up listening to it so I thought I would share! Enjoy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment