Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Interesting Facts and Couch Potatoes

Tonight I am writing this blog while watching a Coldplay concert on tv (love them), and snuggling under a blanket. Mika has had a very long, stressful day of sleeping, staring at her automatic food bowl, doing the Shiba 500 around our bedroom and being attacked by the vacuum, so she is now passed out on the couch. I forgot one of her most popular nicknames that she is called often..."Lazy Bom-Bom". It started out as lazy bum because she sleeps more than the cat even though she gets absolutely no exercise, but everything I say ends up coming out in baby-talk when being said to animals, so now she's Lazy Bom-Bom. Or when I get really into it, Lazy Bom-Bom-Bom-Bom-Bom. Ugh, I'm too obsessed with my animals...anyways, I was able to catch a picture of my lazy Bom-Bom lounging around, watching Coldplay with me. She's pretty adorable, but I'm completely biased.

Now that I've gotten the cute story out of the way for the day, let's get down to business. This is only my second post and I'm pretty sure I only have one follower at the moment so I need to try and entice everyone that this is the blog to check out (who wouldn't want to see cute pics of Mika anyways?). I figured for my second post I would dig a little deeper and reveal some interesting facts about myself, including some thing that really get me going. As I always say to my co-workers when it's time for lunch, "LETS DO THIS!". And now, ladies and gentlemen, the first installment of random information about me:
  1. I am a sleepwalker. I never used to be but over the past several years this title has consumed my life. It started when I was in high school and has gotten worse year after year, to the point that Tom doesn't wake up anymore when I do or say something weird because he's so used to it. Every now and then I get a rise out of him, like the nights I start yelling out "Oh my god!" *pause* "Oh my god!". On those nights I'm told he screams back at me"SHUT UP!", which I have no recollection of. Along with sleepwalking and sleeptalking, I also have night terrors, which started occurring a little over three years ago while I was home in Oregon for the summer. When these "night terrors" occur, I always see the same thing, the dark shadow of a person. Sometimes it's standing over me, sometimes it's at the foot of the bed, one time it was even hiding behind the curtains, its toes peeking out from underneath. Am I scaring you? I will stop now, I just wanted to explain why the blog has it's specific name ;) On to happier topics!
  2. I love the holidays. I'm SO excited for Christmas, I can't wait to get out the decorations and send out Christmas cards and go shopping for presents, it's so exciting! I guess maybe I'm also excited for the first snow fall, but that's it, none of this "record winter" like we had last year please.
  3. I love music, all sorts of music. Country music, Disney music, Christmas music, pop, 70s, 90s, boy band, alternative, you name it. My favorite groups are Maroon 5 and Train, I listen to their CDs on repeat in my car and on my iPod, they're SO great.
  4. I love babies. It scares Tom how googly-eyed I get but I don't care ;) If you are my friend and have a baby, I am most likely stalking your Facebook pictures looking at all the cute baby pictures. Is that weird? Should I not confess that? Eh, who doesn't love babies anyways...
  5. I have a MAJOR sweet tooth, if that even explains it. It never used to be this way, then all of a sudden I had a drawer in the kitchen designated to candy and was going through bags of candy weekly. I could eat candy for every meal of the day and be perfectly content (and I've never had a cavity! Impressive huh?). Some of my favorites are Happy Cola, Starburst, candy corn pumpkins, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, basically all candy. It is an addiction and I do admit to it, so at least I'm not in denial. Mmmmm...candy....
Well that's about it for tonight. I'm the only one left downstairs so I guess it must be bedtime! Thanks for taking the time to read this fellow bloggers, hopefully you are entertained so far! Ciao :)

No comments:

Post a Comment